Minneapolis, MN 55401
MS in Instructional Design and Technology- Present
Bachelor-Criminal Justice- 5/2000
Instructional Designer | Pearson
07/2016 – Present
- Manages the course development process for new, revision, and revamp courses and assures that courses adhere to academic partners’ standards.
- Develops and supports partner-chosen online learning environments.
- Provides instructional design consultation to faculty of academic partners; assists faculty in the development of contextually-rich, engaging, and objective-driven courses that focus on applicable real-world/workplace skills.
- Works within project management application to document course development process data including time tracking, project comments, and task completion.
- Designs content for delivery in online environments and completes instructional design documentation to ensure quality and consistency.
- Conducts photo research for images to supplement learning activities.
- Uses WYSIWYG multimedia tools to develop multimedia pieces.
- Communicates regularly with partner faculty during course development process.
- Inputs course content/components into Learning Management System portals.
- Conceptualizes and storyboards instructionally sound, interactive, engaging web-based course components.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews on courses and implements revisions.
- Reviews existing courses for quality, currency, and consistency and works with faculty to enhance courses.
- Participates in university team meetings.
- Helps to test and implement agreed-upon emerging technologies in courses.
- Prepares course hand-off documentation and attends hand-off meetings with the Student Support Services and Help Desk teams.
- Serves as a resource to business units and partner faculty during course delivery.
- Attends course revision calls and creates scope documents outlining confirmed revisions from post-course discussions.
- Prepares course facilitators’ guides.
Program Coordinator | Pearson
08/2012 – 07/2016
- Evaluate students’ abilities, interests and personality characteristics in order to provide regular counseling and support activities.
- Contact each new student to conduct a Learning Preparedness Assessment or similar process, including leading new student welcome/orientation calls.
- Maintain accurate and complete student enrollment records as required by university governance, as well as all laws, policies and administrative regulations in order to keep accurate information in the CRM.
- Meet or exceed student retention program metrics each term.
- Prepare and develop all required retention business metric reports on enrolled students and report on retention activities as required.
- Implement re-entry initiatives to bring inactive students back into the program.
- Plan and conduct Webinar information sessions and group conferences to promote the adjustment of students to their new life experience of preparing to start college.
- Monitor and ensure timely web postings to their program student services web page.
- Facilitate student requests for assistance such as contacting campus based facilitators or arranging for additional academic tutor training and referring students to the appropriate university services.
- Attend all required internal and external professional meetings, telephone conferences and training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Launch new programs as needed working with the Business Development team.
- Follow all process and timeline expectations for data entry and data management in the CRM.
Admission Specialist | American Institute
- Conduct a high quantity of prospect phone calls to secure appointments.
- Conduct telephone interviews, counsel student to determine program of study.
- Address student concern and assist them in their transition into school.
- Responsible for systematically and ethically advising students regarding enrollment into the institution.
- Working within guidelines established by the institution and assist student in completing all relevant applications and assure all required documents are obtained.
Re-Entry Coordinator | Everest University
07/2008 – 10/2011
- Develops proactive and consistent re-entry campaigns which include mail, email, and phone blasts to achieve established re-entry goals.
- Call students to set up appointment, develops, maintains and tracks qualified prospective re-entry base. Schedule and conducts daily appointments/ interview with prospective re-entry students that result in the student’s re-entry process completed in one visit.
- Advice and assist students with academic and personal issues that may interfere with their academic programs and academic progress. Provide administrative coordination, support and advice to student support.
- Determine what academic conditions need to be met for student to be readmitted into college. Keep all required re-entry lists, records and reports current and accurate. Maintain tracking system to measure weekly, monthly and quarterly progress.
- Compare attrition/retention statistics to identify student withdraw pattern. Counsel students regarding their programs, courses and their academic progress. Responsible for participating in weekly teleconference and submission of weekly required statistics reports.
- Experience in learning management systems and html. Able to be creative, flexible, and innovative in course design. Able to manage multiple projects, prioritize, adhere to budgets, and meet deadlines. Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual Spanish/English Fluent
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills. Effective communication and business etiquette, PC skills. Knowledge of adult learning principles, constructivism, facilitation, and learner-centered activities. Able to provide instructional design consulting services to subject matter experts.